Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"BUT LORD......"

He gave me poems and songs to sing, but I didn't think I could.
But Lord, I have no sense of timing, and I am not that good.
But Lord, I've tried to play piano, and strum a guitar string;
Then I "discovered" a new instrument, and I could play that thing.

But Lord, my voice is not strong enough, and can so easily crack;
Then I wound up with a sound system, microphone, and all of that.
But Lord, I can not do it, folks wouldn't understand.
The message is so different, not popular to man.

I'd try to share these poems and songs, for someone else to sing.
I sent them to different publishers, and tried all sorts of things.
But still, I found no open door, and had all these poems to share;
So where, and when, and how, Lord, I'm leaving in your care.

I pray for understanding, both mine, and others, too.
But Father, we both know, I'm singing these songs for You.
There's a message and a warning, for those with ears to hear;
Then eyes to see, will search Your Word, and know not to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment