Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A PRAYER IS ANSWERED

This is just to thank you for the time you took that day,
To help me find the strength to face whatever came my way.
You sat there on the sofa, I sat there on the floor,
Then you asked the Lord to help me, and He's done so, more and more.

The doctors said there wasn't any more that they could do,
But you taught me how to pray, and God has pulled him through.
The doctors said, "No pressure, physical and mental, too,
Might retard the emphesema, and the cerebral strokes, subdue."

We sold our house so that our obligations could be paid,
But leaving all our friends behind, was the hardest move we made.
Now, we own a little trailer, on a lot that's paid for, too,
Up here, on Lake Texoma, and thank God, we're pulling through.

It's been a long time since I wrote a "poem" in this way,
But it came, when we were at church, and I'd sent a prayer your way.
We don't know how long we have, but are thankful for what we do.
It may be years, or months, or days, but God is with us, thanks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment